Management Institutes offer Part-Time MBA Courses in India
There are many management aspirants who willingly participate in part time MBA courses in India. Nowadays, acclaimed MBA institutes offer flexible courses at much lower cost than the regular full time MBA courses.
The best way to pursue an MBA course is to do it through full time studies from a premier institution. But today, in this world of Globalization, professionals prefer to complete their MBA through part time study programs, offered by world class management institutes across India.
Recent survey describes that only one third of the total MBA aspirants are opting for part time MBA programs. There are premier institutes across India, which offer correspondence, distance, and online education for professionals and management aspirants.
Indian Institutes offer Part Time MBA degree programs in:
Information Technology (IT)
Reputed Indian institutes offering part time MBA courses are listed below:
1. Symbiosis Center of Distance Learning
2. Sikkim Manipal University
3. Indira Gandhi Open University
4. Netaji Subhas Open University
The Program Structure of MBA
The part time MBA courses are designed with the same pattern and curriculum like the full time MBA candidates. But the only difference is that the part time management students do not have to attend regular classes. Some of the Institutes in India, which offer part time managements programs arrange evening/weekend classes for the candidates.
Minimum 3 years of job experience is mandatory for some MBA institutions.
Minimum 50% aggregate is required to register in Part time MBA programs.
Through entrance tests, group discussions and personal interviews the candidates are selected in these programs.
Advantages of Part time Programs in MBA:
- This is the best option for working professionals. They can simultaneously work and study, enrolling in correspondence/online/distance MBA programs. Therefore, people can balance education and work with the help of these part time management courses.
- Fees of part time programs of MBA are considerably lower than full time/regular MBA programs.
- Candidates of part time MBA courses enjoy the advantage of flexible classes, study hours, and evening classes. The study materials are sent either through email or post.
- The examination procedures of these types of business management study programs are also flexible. Students according to their convenience can clear papers in their opted semesters.
Disadvantages of Part Time Programs in MBA
- There are various disadvantages of part time management studies like MBA. As a matter of fact the minimum study hours, which the online/correspondence courses offer, is not at all beneficial for the future career development of the management aspirants.
- The credit, which the regular candidates receive from the top recruiters, is not received by the part time MBA students.
- The career opportunities of the full time MBA students are extensive than the part time candidates of MBA.
- The part time students of management are not that benefited like the full time candidates, in terms of direct interaction with the professors and mentors. Therefore, somehow this stands as a disappointment for them.
- Students of part time MBA courses are not that privileged to attend seminars, conferences and business plan contests such as the full time candidates.
Roxy Jones, an educational consultant, is a well known writer who shares his experience and views on education in India through various blogs, articles and website.
MBA Institutes offer Part-Time MBA Courses in India