Home >> VISA >> Japan Visa

Japan Visa Immigration

 Working Visa
 Cultural Visa
 Student Visa
 Working Holiday Visa
 Visitors Visa
 Spouse Visa
At the Airport  Japan


  Visa & immigration in Japan : To get a work visa, a foreigner must show proof of a prearranged job in Japan and provide the name of a Japanese guarantor. A guarantor is essentially a person (usually an employer) willing to accept responsibility for your behavior while you're in Japan. The guarantor is responsible for paying for a gaijin's return ticket home if he or she is in trouble. Understandably, taking on this type of responsibility without first meeting the prospective teacher makes most employers nervous. Herein lies the paradox: English teachers need jobs and guarantors to get work visas, but first they need visas to enter Japan and find jobs.
The first step in obtaining a work visa is for your sponsor or guarantor to obtain a "Certificate of Eligibility" on your behalf. The guarantor can be your employer, a school, a relative, etc. The guarantor must contact the local immigration office in Japan in order to apply for your certificate. Once you have the completed certificate, you can then apply for a visa at the Japanese embassy or consulate nearest you. When applying for a work visa, submit your valid passport, one 2" x 2" photo, a completed visa application form, the original Certificate of Eligibility, and one additional copy of the certificate. There is no fee for the visa and it will usually take two business days to process. Note that a B.A. or B.S. degree is the minimum qualification required to teach legally in Japan. An instructor category working visa is good for six months to one year; however, if you wish to stay in Japan for longer than the time allotted and can provide evidence of your continuing employment, you can apply for an extension through the Japanese Immigration Bureau. If you have a solid work record and reputation, you should be able to legally extend your stay from within the country without mishap. The Japanese Immigration Bureau can be reached at:
General Affairs Division
Japanese Immigration Bureau
Ministry of Justice
1-1-1 Kasumigaseki
Tokyo, Japan
(03) 3580-4111







Copyright silchartoday.com  All Rights reserved. 2003-2005