Siddheswar H.S. School, Katigorah
Siddheshwar H.S. School, Katigorah
A Brief History of Siddheswar H.S. School, Katigorah, Cachar, Assam.
Siddheswar Shib-Bari has its own history. Long ago it was established on the left bank of the Barak River. Once upon a time a saint named Kapil sat in meditation there and one day he attained divine grace in “Shotobisha Modhukrishna Trayodashi Tithi”. To commemorate this holiest moment every year on this particular lunar day holy bath and a mella Baruni-Mella is being arranged on the right shore of the river. Some enlightened people of Katigorah thought to start a school there and this noble intention they started to collect subscription donation etc from the gatherings who would come for bath and business also. With the help of it, they finally materialized their dream by establish an M.E School in 1899 on the donated land of Sri Rajkul Mandal and other’s on the western side of the Katigorah market. Since the school was established based on collection, donation etc. from Siddheswar Baruni Melia the school was entitled as Siddheswar M.E. School. Then, after a long time, with the effort of some diligent persons of the locality this M.E. School was upgraded as high school on 29thy day of April 1946. Sri Gyanendra Nath was appointed as the first Head Master of the school. In the same that is in 1946 year the school received Adhoc-grant. Then, on the 1st day of October 1956 the school was taken under Deficit System Grant Aid. Later, the school was provincialised in 1977. This school was further upgraded as H.S. School on 29th February 1996.Now the school is a full-fledged institution having its all necessary requisities.