Assam Budget 2017 – for Silchar
– Silchar will be declared a CITY along with Tinsukia, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Tezpur and Nagaon.
– One flyover in Silchar from Rangirkhari Point to Silchar Railway Station at Tarapur via Premtola
– 200 Crore for development of Silchar town
– New planetarium have been planned to be set up in Silchar
– 100 Crore for Silchar Medical College
– Amrit Pharmacy – Govt plans to open Amrit pharmacy to dispense low-cost drugs at Silchar Medical College
– Rs.50000/- for housing subsidy
– Rs.8 crore allocated for Silchar district library
– Fast track court will be setup in silchar
– Government employee training centre in silchar
– Karimganj Engineering college construction work is going on in full swing
– The Government is launching the ‘City Infra Development Fund (CIDF)’ worth Rs.1200 crores to be spent on big public infrastructure projects, in the 6 large cities of the State with more than one lakh population: Silchar, Tinsukia, Jorhat, Dibrugarh, Nagaon and Tezpur.
– The government has already launched the ‘Housing for All’ scheme in eight places – Guwahati, Nagaon, Silchar, Dibrugarh, Tinsukia, Jorhat, Kokrajhar and Dhubri and an amount of Rs 100 crore has been proposed.