Cachar- a tourist destination
Top Tourist places in Silchar
Cachar is named after the Kacharies who once dominated over this part of the state with their rule. It is one of the oldest and historic destinations of Assam situated about 400 km from Guwahati, the capital of Assam. The headquarters of Cachar district is Silchar. Silchar is popularly known as the island of peace and an important centre of education.
Silchar tourism offer a large number of tourist attraction to the visitors. It is the second largest town in the state located next to the River Barak. Tourists can delve not only the natural vicinity of the place but also enjoy a wide range of religious attractions and architectural splendors. Each of these has its own charm and if you are a traveler, Silchar has many tourist spots to offer.
Some of the most prominent tourist places in Silchar are stated as under
- Shiva Mandir- Shiva Mandir, situated about 45 km on the top of the Bhuvan Hills is an ancient temple of the medieval period. The beautiful idols of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati attract pilgrims and devotees from different parts of the state to offers prayers and seek blessing.
- Shri Shri Kachakanti Temple– This temple, situated about 11 km from Silchar is known for Shakti-the temple of Goddess Kali. Shri Shri Kachakanti Temple built during 1806 has a lot of historical and religious significance. This ancient temple is a union of Goddess Kali and Goddess Durga. It is one of the major religious tourist attractions in the town that remains crowded by devotees and worshippers throughout the year.
- Darul Ulum– Established by Hazi Akbar Ali in 1897, it is one of the biggest Arabic Universities of the country. Thousands of students from different parts of the country including students from Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar etc comes to this famous University to study.
- Arunachal Ashram-This ashram is beautifully located on a small hillock in Masimpur, about 5 km from the town of Silchar. This ashram was established in the year 1901 by Swami Dayananda. Pilgrims and devotees from different parts of the state assemble together during a fair and offers prayers.
- Shalganga-It is a place about 22 km from Silchar situated on the way to Kumbirgram Airport. This place is famous for Vishnu Temple.
- Sonai Park– Sonai Park is one of the ideal recreational places situated about 23 km from Silchar. The existence of an old Shiva Temple built during the reign of the ancient ruler Krishnachandra makes it a place of historical importance. The main attraction of the park is a Sanskrit Stone Inscription dated 1785.
- Kashpur– It is a notable tourist attraction in the region. This place is famous for the ruins of the palace as well as the temples of the Kachari kings. Situated about 22 km from Silchar, it is a vast spread out area dotted with temples and palaces. A greater percentage of this palace has already been ruined. At present, the only remains that can be explored includes a gate, a part of the old fort-wall and only 7 temples.
- Gandhibag Park-It is a small and beautiful municipal park situated in the heart of the town. A toy train in the park attracts children to a great extent. It is indeed a great source of amusement and entertainment for them.
- Ramnagar Anua– It is a beautiful lake situated about 3 km from Silchar near Inter State Bus terminus. This lake is known for migratory birds that come to this place during winter. A cruise vessel and a floating restaurant is other important attraction of this place.
Cachar is well connected by roadways, railways and airways. A government tourist lodge and Circuit House are situated in the heart of the town for the convenient stay of the tourist. Apart from these, a number of budget and economy hotels are also available. Buses and taxi also cater to the needs of the tourist.
A number of travel agents in Silchar provide Silchar Travel Guide to tourist who wants to explore the scenic beauty of this town. Some of them are Moti Travels, Capital Tours Pvt. Ltd. The beauty of Silchar has been unexplored, however, with the recent developments in the tourism industry, tourism in Silchar has widened up to a great extent.
|Subscribe to Admission|
|Visit this group|