Assam University Silchar MA MSc M.Com MSW BA LLB LLM B.Ed B.Tech M.Tech B.Pharm MBA MEd Prospectus Application Form download
Assam University Silchar Admission 2018
ADMISSION NOTICE – 2018
Applications in prescribed form are invited for admission to the following courses of study in Assam University, Silchar H. Q. & Diphu Campus for the academic session commencing in July 2016.
SILCHAR CAMPUS (H. Q.)
1. 4-Semester Post Graduate courses:
a) Master of Arts (MA): Arabic, Bengali, English, Hindi, Manipuri, Linguistics,Sanskrit, Journalism and Mass Communication, Economics, History,Political Science, Sociology, Philosophy, Education and French.
b) Master of Science (MSc): Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Life Science & Bioinformatics, Bio-Technology, Ecology and Environmental Science, Earth Science and Microbiology.
c) Master of Commerce (M.Com).
d) Master of Library and Information Science (MLISc).
2. 10-Semester integrated courses:
a) M. Sc. in Computer Science
b) Master of Social Work (MSW)
3. a) 10-Semester BA LLB (Honours)
b) 4-Semester LLM Course
4. 8-Semester UG+ 4-Semester PG course:
Bachelor of Visual Arts + Master of Visual Arts.
5. 8-Semester B. Sc. B. Ed. Course
6. (a) 8-Semester Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) courses:
i) Information Technology ii) Agricultural Engineering and iii) Electronics & Telecommunication. The admission in B. Tech courses will be done through JEE Central Counseling for 75% of total seats, admission to rest 25% seats will be through departmental admission test.
6. (b) 4-Semester Master of Technology (M.Tech) Courses:
i) Info. Technology & ii) Agricultural Engineering Separate prospectus will be available for these Engineering courses.
7. 8-Semester Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) Course.
8. 4-Semester Master of Business Administration (MBA) Course: The candidates seeking admission to MBA must have cleared MAT conducted by the AIMA. (Separate prospectus will be available for the department of Business Administration in due course of time).
9. 2-Semester Master of Education (MEd) Course.
10. Diploma Courses: a) 2-Semester advance Diploma Course in French. (b) Diploma in Proficiency in French.
b) 2-Semester PG diploma in Information Technology.
11. Additional courses:
A) 2-Semester PG Diploma in (a) Bio-informatics
(b) Marketing Management c) Tea Management
(d) Journalism (e) Biodiversity Conservation.
(f) Bamboo Cultivation and Resource Utilization.
B) Certificate Courses in (a) Functional Sanskrit, (b) Arabic Language, (c) Proficiency in French, C) Certificate / Diploma course in Educational Planning and Management.
D) Fast Track Course in French
12. Distance Education Course: Post-Graduate Diploma courses in Corporate Communication, Tourism and Marketing Management: Prospectus being issued: Contact: Director, Centre for Distance Education and Open Learning, Assam University, Silchar
13. 4-Semester Post Graduate courses:
a) Master of Arts: Political Science, History, English, Assamese and Hindi.
b) Master of Science: Life Science & Bioinformatics, Physics, Anthropology.
c) Master of Commerce: Commerce.
13. Diploma Course: 2-Semester PG diploma in Entrepreneurship and innovation.
Candidates may collect Prospectus along with Application Form for the course(s) on payment of 600.00 (for General and OBC students) and 500.00 (for SC/ST/PWD students) from the Assam University cash counter, SBI Dorgakona Branch, UCO Bank Assam University Branch and office of Diphu Campus, AUS, on all working days up to 3 pm.
The form may also be downloaded from University website http://www.aus.ac.in and submitted along with an application fee of 600.00 (for General and OBC students) and 500.00 (for SC/ST/PWD students) through D.D. / Banker Cheque in favour of Finance Officer, Assam University Silchar payable at Silchar. The candidates who have appeared/ are appearing in TDC Part III examination 2014 of Assam University or any other recognized university may also apply for admission to PG Courses.
The prospectus will be available for sale from 3rd February, 2014 at the above mentioned places. Separate application should be submitted for each course (up to a maximum of two courses).
Candidates in person may submit their duly filled in application form in drop box placed at the Raja Rammohan Roy Administrative Building Room No. 04, Assam University, Silchar and at the Administrative Office of Diphu Campus upto 31st March/2014.
Applicants may send their applications by post, addressed to Section Officer (Academic), Assam University, Silchar 788011 so as to reach the University by 31st March 2014.
The envelope should be superscribed ‘APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION to _______ course’.
Candidates seeking admission for courses available at Diphu Campus should submit their Application at Diphu Campus office only.
Schedule of dates for various activities relating to admission 2014-2015 is given under:
LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION March 31, 2014
For courses of Silchar Campus: Silchar, Siliguri, Kolkata and Guwahati. For courses of Diphu Campus: Diphu, Siliguri, Kolkata and Guwahati. For details candidates may visit University website www.aus.ac.in.
Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/PWD will be made as per GOI rules.
The admission prospectus for B. Tech. courses will be available to those candidates who receive allotment letter from JEE Central Counseling & 25% seats through departmental admission test will be notified in due course of time.
For more dteails visit www.aus.ac.in