BEd Admission 2017
BEd EDUCATION IN INDIA
A Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is an undergraduate academic
course offered for those interested in pursuing a career in
teaching in school. It is a mandatory degree in India for
teaching in higher primary schools and high schools. It is a 1
year course which can be pursued after completing graduation
from a recognized University. For entry into B.Ed. course, the
minimum qualification required is Bachelor of Arts (B.A.),
Bachelor of Science (B.sc) and Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com).
This course enables a promising career in the field of teaching.
The students from Arts stream are trained to teach arts subjects
i.e., Language, History, Civics, Social Studies, Geography etc.
while the students from science stream are trained to teach
Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Moreover they are
imparted practical training together with theoretical knowledge
in the field of teaching and learning process. The nature of
selection for B.Ed. course is purely based on merit in the
qualifying examination (Under Graduation) or performance in B.Ed.
entrance test or both.
In Indian universities, one can pursue Master in Education (M.Ed)
after B.Ed. NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) is the
statutory body which regulates teaching courses in India. Today
a large number of colleges and universities are offering B.Ed.
for both part-time i.e., 2 years and Full-time i.e., 1 year due
to its increasing demand and popularity. Some of the colleges
offering B.Ed. course in India are :
1. Vignan College of Education, Hyderabad.
2. A. G. Teachers College, Gujarat.
3. Acharya Vinobha B.Ed. /S.S. College, Karnataka.
4. Pandit Raghunath Murmu Teachers’ Training College, West
5. Sri Y N Degree College, Andhra Pradesh.
6. Vishwa Bharati College of Education, Tamil Nadu.
7. Patriarch Ignatius Zakka, Kerela.
8. Tagore Govt. College of Education, Andaman and Nicobar
9. Assam University, Assam.
10. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
11. Bombay University, Department of Education, Maharashtra.