Annamalai University MSc Admission 2017-2018
Annamalai University MSc Courses Admission 2017-2018
Annamalai University MSC Admission course
The Annamalai University has its survival to benefaction,
wisdom, and philanthropy of the far-sighted thinker- Dr. Rajah
Sir Annamalai Chettiar from Chettinad. In 1920, he originated
Sri Minakshi College within Chidambaram, an immense pilgrimage
centre as well as the centre of South Indian traditional
learning and culture. In the year 1928, Annamalai University Act
passed and the Annamalai University came in to existence.
Eligibility for MSC courses:
• M.Sc. (Mathematics): A pass in the B.Sc. (Mathematics) and
secondary course with minimum 50% in Part-III examination.
• M.Sc. (Physics): A pass in the B.Sc. Physics, having
Mathematics as additional course having 50% in the Part-III
• M.Sc. (Chemistry): A pass in the B.Sc. Chemistry or B.Sc.
Industrial Chemistry or B.Sc. Applied Chemistry and secondary
course with 50% in the Part-III examination.
• M.Sc. (BioChemistry): A pass in the B.Sc.
Biochemistry/Chemistry with at least one of secondary courses
(Physics, Zoology, Botany, Mathematics, Chemistry, Nutrition,
and Biochemistry) with minimum 50% marks in the Part–III.
• M.Sc. (Biotechnology): A pass in the B.Sc. Biotechnology,
Biochemistry, or Microbiology having minimum 50% in the
• M.Sc. (Statistics having computer applications): A pass in
B.Sc. Statistics or pass in B.Sc. Mathematics or B.Sc. Computer
Science having minimum one course in the Statistics.
• M.Sc. (Botany): A pass in the B.Sc. Botany, Plant Biology,
Plant Biotechnology or secondary course having 50% in the
• M.Sc. (Zoology): A pass in the B.Sc. Zoology having Botany and
secondary course having 50% in the Part-III examination.
• M.Sc. (Environmental Biotechnology): A pass in B.Sc. Botany /
Zoology/ Environmental Science / Environmental Biology /
Microbiology / Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biochemistry /
Nutrition / Aquaculture / Biology / Industrial Fishery /
Agriculture / B.Sc. Life Science / Bachelor in Fishery Science /
B.E. in Chemical / Civil / B.Pharm or B.V.Sc. having minimum 55%
in the Part-III.
• M.Sc. (Microbiology): A pass in B.Sc. Biotechnology /
Microbiology / Zoology or B.Sc. in Chemistry / Botany / Physics
/ Biochemistry having any one secondary subject of Microbiology
/ Botany / Zoology.
• M.Sc. (Applied Geology): A pass in B.Sc. with Geology as main
subject otherwise B.Sc. Science Graduates having Geology as the
subsidiary subject as well as having minimum 50% in it.
N.B.: In case of the SC/ST candidates, the pass is minimum to
all the Programmes
For detailed admission procedure, please visit the University
The applicant can contact at following address for any query
Annamalai Nagar - 608 002
Tamil Nadu, India